Thursday, October 13, 2022

Foggy Inside and Out

The autumnal foliage show is spectacular this year, especially since we were all dreading how the drought (yes, we're still under a drought watch) would make all the leaves a uniform paper bag brown. It's happened in past years, but a late deluge has perked up the colors! Trees are hued from gold, orange, red and deep magenta between stands of dark green. After this storm though, the wind might knock everything to the ground. Today, the sky is overcast and foggy. My head is clouded too and I'm having trouble focusing. Some people get achy knees; I get brain fog.

Pedaling the elliptical makes everything better although it was a struggle. I only do one set of pull-ups today; my right wrist is twinging oddly and reminds me of a bout of carpal tunnel I had decades ago. There's also a knot in my right trap. Ugh. Core and stretching feel routine although I suspect it will be some days before the soreness in my glute fully dissipates.

I read more disturbing news about blood types and the propensity for certain cancers. Type O have all the luck, and type B don't. But I'm a little shocked to read that snoring also increases the risk for cancer. What? I don't think I snore, except for the time I woke myself up one night. But I know plenty of men who do: when you're camping in a tent, you can hear everyone else in their tents too. Of course, the good news is that lifting weights in conjunction with cardio leads to a longer, healthier life. But, we all knew that already!

13 October 2022
Overcast Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5504)
Distance: 2.81
Cal: 310
Avg Hr: 140, 186-127

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...