Friday, October 28, 2022

Fatigue Friday

The sun is out but it's chilly and I'm tired. I'm ever hopeful that my efforts will effect positive changes. But patience is exhausting, like hanging onto a raft in turbulent waters at night, wondering if the shoreline is near. I'm getting a bit too comfortable with the abbreviated cardio session but it helps me manage my time when I have too many things to do. I like to end the week with the DB shoulder routine I did last week. It feels pretty good but I'm glad I haven't increased the weights to the 25s. 

The dog's needle biopsy report came back as a cyst and as long as it's not causing trouble, getting inflamed or infected, causing pain or growing hugely, I can safely ignore it. The dog is pretty much oblivious to it anyway, although, because he's white, I have been finding myriad tick nymphs crawling along the surface of his fur. He's on Simparica Trio for Dogs so I'm not worried about him getting ticks or fleas, just that the tick might fall off him while he's on the sofa and latch onto one of us humans.

The gym is cold but not really crowded, although I need to turn up the volume of my tunes because Tank and B spend a lot of time chatting at the next station. It seems as if they spend more time talking than lifting; that would be normal for them. Of course, Tank is big and lifts big and heavy things, and B likes to talk mainly about herself. I don't have time or patience for them or that.

I don't have patience for a lot of things today. My son has cancelled his plans to make a costume because all his friends are going to parties but he hasn't been invited to any of them. I know what it feels like to be left out and my heart hurts for him. I'm hoping he finds his place at college where he'll make real friends, where he'll find his tribe. Adolescence is hard if you're not a jock or pretty or the popular kid.


28 October 2022
Chilly Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd (4122)
Distance: 2.06
Cal: 231
Avg Hr: 139, 194-83

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly
10 lbs x 25/15/25 reps warmup
15 lbs x 20/15/25
20/15/20 lbs x 20/15/25 reps x 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...