Monday, October 17, 2022

Autumn Walking Weekend

It was the perfect autumn weekend for touring college campuses or walking expansive fairgrounds. Foliage was spectacular and temps were extremely mild. My phone keeps track of my steps and tells me that Saturday's stroll through the University of Connecticut amounted to close to 11,000 steps, and yesterday's visit to the Sheep & Wool Festival at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds came in at nearly 9,000. 

While that sounds like a lot compared to my normally nearly sedentary weekend activities, keep in mind that a normal gym workout includes approximately 5500 cardio steps. Plus anywhere from 2600 to 5800 additional steps depending on what errands I have to run afterward.

It's overcast and rainy all day today and the gym is a bit more crowded than I'm used to. Or at least the treadmills are busier. I get on the elliptical and pedal the next program on my list: I ended the week with Program 1 so today is Program 2. Mondays are always hard! But I can do a set of pull-ups before heading to the relative cool and quiet of the Aerobics Room. The rest of the routine is routine and I'm tempted to take a little nap while lying on the floor. But I don't.

When I exit the Aerobics Room, I see Snow Bird in the Stretch Cage, which is fine by me and I'm glad for an excuse to not do a second set of pull-ups. Just as well! I need to buy some groceries before picking my pups up from the doggy daycare/spa. We'll be doing something similar to this next month when we visit a different university upstate...

17 October 2022
Walking Weekend Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5522)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 312
Avg Hr: 131, 176-114

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...