Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Looking Better Tired

Mirror glare
makes my hair
look more gray!
My body plays an interesting trick on me: when I'm exhausted from sleep deprivation, I look great when I wake up in the morning, with smooth glowing skin. However, when I've gotten the requisite 7-8, my face tends to be puffy and there are bags under my eyes. The alarm goes off and I really want to turn over and go back to sleep. Nothing like having vivid dreams interrupted by the need to make the school bus. The main road is super busy. It's Wednesday but the gym parking lot has a lot less cars than usual, and the gym itself isn't as crowded as it should be mid-week. Is it a holiday that I don't know about?

I already know that cardio is gonna suck, and I'm not wrong. But it's not horrible. In fact, it's slightly better than yesterday, in spite of a really sore glute. I tripped backward yesterday while taking photos in the dark at my son's Scout meeting. Our normal meeting place was unavailable so we were at the park, under a well-lit pavilion. 

The senior Scouts were teaching younger potential members how to set up tents in the actual playground area which is not lit. And in taking photos, I didn't see the rubber edging that holds the wood mulch in place because it's dark and I'm moving backward. I land on my well-padded derriere: the gluteus maximus is the largest muscle in the human body. While there's no actual discoloration, I am really sore. Thank goodness I can sort of relax while doing triceps...

The rest of my routine is routine but after all the noise I make about body awareness and the lack thereof, I find I need to use a mirror to keep my face/neck from sinking toward the floor while doing push-ups. At least I don't walk with my neck craned forward. Or, at least I don't think I do... 

Meanwhile, I've been reading an interesting article about body fat. It's apparently not just the lard we see Oprah carting in a wagon. It's metabolically active and can be healthy or unhealthy. It generates hormones. It's an organ, like skin.

12 October 2022
Fatigue Wednesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5562)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
Avg Hr: 145, 196-75


Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

Skull Crushers / Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps each x 2
32.5 lbs x 12/12 x 3 total sets



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...