Thursday, October 6, 2022

The Rain Has Gone

I skipped the gym yesterday and the day before and torrential rains were only partly to blame. I can finally see the floor in my son's room, and now have 3 large trash bags of almost brand-new shirts and pants that he's never going to wear. Luckily, the HS is having a clothing drive in a few weeks so these bags now live in my hallway until then. 

I suspect we're over that drought watch now, and leaves are definitely starting to flame bright orange and red, although the red Japanese maple in my front yard isn't even close to any sort of crimson. More like a dusty brown on top and green underneath. It also needs pruning because the tree now overhangs the roof. It's gotten really big in 30 years!

Today is Thursday, an off day, and the gym's not horribly crowded. Elliptical #1 is available and I'm pedaling program 3. I try to vary the programs even if the core exercises are exactly the same each time I work out. Pull-ups are better today. Everything else is routine. I decide to work on triceps and luckily the Breaker Bench I like is vacant. Unfortunately, just as I'm about to approach the BB rack, a chubby girl with giant headphones grabs the 30 lb bar. I've never seen her before and I don't want to stare but she has that Down's syndrome look. She's probably perfectly normal but again, I'm not staring so... I grab the 20 lb bar and every magnetic disc I can find: three 2.5 pounders and a pair of slim 1.25 discs. I use them all to bring the bar up to 30 lbs, but it still feels ridiculously light. 

Just as I'm about to do the first set of my routine, the girl finishes her one set of BB Upright Rows and re-racks the bar. I bite my lip and do my 2 sets before exchanging the barbells where I slap two 1.25 lb discs onto the 30 lb bar. Six more sets at 32.5 lbs starts to wear on my elbows. I could add more weight but I'd have to cut the reps down to 6-8 and I'm not sure how the elbows and wrists will react. 

Today's my wedding anniversary: 21 years. Of course, it's a weekday, there's school and after school activities, and tonight the HS is offering a meeting on financial aid for the college bound and their parents. Also, the husband is working tonight and won't get home until the wee hours... so we'll celebrate this weekend. Probably at a local steakhouse. Yum.

6 October 2022
Anniversary Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5618)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 316
Avg Hr: 152, 188-79

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3 (right eye lid edge!)

Skull Crushers / Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps each x 2
(20 lbs BB w/ 5 lbs each side)
32.5 lbs x 12/12 x 3 total sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...