Friday, October 21, 2022

Fatigue from Cold

I know it's October but I'm still not ready for dark mornings requiring me to defrost the car windshield because temps dipped to 34F. Still, I thought it prudent to unearth the snow shovels and bring them to the house, just in case, even though the afternoon hits a high of 60. It's pleasantly warm in the sun. The gym is absolutely frigid though and most members are clad in heavy sweatshirts. 

There are a few souls who run hot and are appropriately dressed in shorts and tanks as if it were 30 degrees warmer. I'm not one of them. In fact, I'm having trouble busting a sweat, mostly because I'm pedaling the cross-trainer this morning. Lazy Pedals is draped over the elliptical and I've no desire to be anywhere in the vicinity. I only take off my hoodie to lay down on the mat in the Aerobics Room because doing the Child's Pose has me face down and I prefer my nose to be against something I personally know has been laundered, and not a foam mat that I've given a quick wipe. I'm feeling spacey and could easily take a nap if only there wasn't a class scheduled...

I also have to take my hoodie off when I set up at the Breaker Inclined Bench for my shoulder routine, because once again, one of my positions has me face down on the bench. This routine normally has me breathing hard with an elevated heart rate and a moist face. Today it's all that but no sweating. This might also be explained by my fatigue. When I'm tired, I tend to stay cold. Sometimes being tired also gets confused with hunger (I did hear my stomach rumble during cardio). I stick with doing 3 sets at the not-quite-as-heavy-as-I-can-go weights because being tired also increases the chance for injury. 

Tomorrow I'll get to sleep in a bit so hurrah! But I'll still takes pups to the park and hopefully one of the dogs will finally get over being left home from the ride to the vet yesterday. He's been particularly needy and quite nasty to his brother even though he hates car rides and especially going to the vet. All he knows though, is that his brother got something he didn't. It's like having perpetual toddlers... but I'm not complaining. Really.

21 October 2022
LF x-t Cold Friday

LF X-trainer # 3
Program manual L1
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd
Distance: 2.68
Cal: 200
Avg Hr: 118-134

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly
10 lbs x 25/15/20 reps
15 lbs x 20/15/25
20/15/20 lbs x 20/15/25 reps x 3 sets


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...