Monday, October 31, 2022

And a Haunted Halloween to You Too

I only got a few hours sleep last night and not because my house is haunted. If ghosts exist, they don't reside at my place -- I know of several dogs and a few people who have passed on here in this house, so no doubt in my mind that ghosts are not real. My weariness is real though and I struggle to get my exercise routine done.

It's Halloween and only a few women come attired in what might be considered festively appropriate gear. One woman shows up in her son's girlfriend's Ghost Buster outfit, which is oddly inflated like a Macy's Turkey Day parade balloon. Another woman wears a pumpkin-colored sweatshirt with embroidered pumpkins. I have my Halloween Jack tank top and fiery orange Joe Boxer pajama pants I got from Kmart years ago. The top is a bit tight so I'm glad that I'm not planning to do anything more than my usual exercises.

The gym is chilly and I keep my hoodie on throughout all 25 minutes of cardio, removing it only to do the lone set of pull-ups because the hood itself won't stay on my head (probably because of my hair clip) and hangs off the back, pulling the zippered front against my throat  when I'm reaching up. I'm very sensitive to fabrics and how they feel and fit. I struggle with pull-ups today though so I'm not very happy. Maybe only getting a few hours of turbulent sleep is really having an effect. More likely it's a combination of that and emotional stress. 

Everything else seems easy and routine, so that's a relief. I assuage guilt at only doing 25 minutes of cardio by hopping onto the Step Mill. Only one is functional today. The other has a sign saying Under Repair. Being a small business owner is akin to treading water furiously, with equipment constantly breaking down and needing repair or replacement. The showers have needed to be snaked for weeks now because drain cleaner isn't enough to combat all the hair that goes down with each use. But the gym owner won't make the call until the showers pool enough water to suggest koi ponds in the rain. These services cost money. I'm certain he fired his cleaning company during the pandemic and has his front desk staff do double-duty. It's no wonder he's manning the front desk himself a lot of the mornings now. 

Well, at least my son is going Trick or Treating with his friends this evening, in costume, at The Point, the wealthy enclave in town that sits on the big lake itself. Apparently, that's where all the good candy is. I want him to enjoy his HS life even as college applications loom. He's been accepted into the National Honor Society, as well as the school's own Math Honor Society. He thinks it all rather silly and pointless. Wait until he gets out into the real world.

31 October 2022
Halloween Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd (4036)
Distance: 2.04
Cal: 227
Avg Hr: 150, 188-89

HGPU 21

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 536 / 539
Floors 33
Cal 78 / 79
Hr 138 / 145

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...