Monday, October 24, 2022

Foggy Inside and Out

It's going to be raining for the next few days and my head feels just as overcast and foggy as the weather outside. It might be genetic as I suffer from sinus issues, as did both my parents. Overall, I'm not very motivated and feel as if I'm not only moving but also thinking in slow motion. Not a great start to the week!

Well, at least I get to the gym and am able to pedal the elliptical of my choice. The other Precors seem to be fixed as well but no one else is pedaling. There are a lot of people on the treadmills though. While pedaling, I notice a tall old guy in the Stretch Cage. He doesn't seem to be doing much stretching and I hope he's gone by the time I get there to do pull-ups. Luckily he wanders off to some of the machines after standing around looking confused. 

While I'm pedaling, I experience a twinge in my left lower back. Ugh. After a few minutes, it disappears and now just the glute is a bit sore. Weird. But my body is weird like that. I read an article over the weekend about lower back pain relief in the form of... exercise! And it listed most of the ones I do during my Core Plus routine, like planks, bird dogs and dead bugs. Because having a strong core is key to lower back relief, and while crunches work abs, planks and dead bugs work deeper and smaller core muscles. Or at least that's what the article says... unfortunately, I forgot to bookmark the article so I can't reference it. 

Apparently the class that was supposed to occupy the Aerobics Room has morphed into a somewhat chaotic group of seniors moving around the different stations in the functional gym area. It's really crowded and loud, and not unlike some weird mixers I've been to back in my college days. It's good to change things up though.

I'm mildly relieved that there's someone in the Stretch Cage when I exit the Aerobics Room. It means I'm not attempting a second set of pull-ups. But I do have to take the pups to the park. Because my dogs don't care about rain, and won't understand why there's no one else there to run through all the wet leaves.

24 October 2022
Rainy Foggy-Headed Monday


Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5636)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
Avg Hr: 145, 194-78, 80, 85

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...