Thursday, October 20, 2022

Puppy Woes

I've been stressing all day since I found a small bump on my shy pup's left shoulder. It was just a slightly raised, slightly thickened maybe a 1/4 inch in diameter. But the next day it felt a bit larger. It's embedded in the skin, not under it like a fatty tumor. And today it's definitely bigger. I made an appointment for my pup to see the doc, but of course, I need to dose him with a half tab of gabapentin the night before and the morning of.

It doesn't help that this morning the other dog chases my husband through the house because he needs to go out. Normally both pups are asleep on the sofa, barely raising an eyelid when we leave the house because it's still dark out. And lately it's been 34F, which means frost on the windshield. 

My husband takes the dog out and brings him back. The dog persists in circling me instead, and now his brother is awake and now they both want walkies. So I walk them both and the panicky one actually has a messy poop. I have no idea what he got into but it didn't affect his brother. I'm wearing warm clothes, not my gym clothes. Those I pack into my gym bag just so I can get a workout in. Because I skipped yesterday.

I cut my time on the elliptical down by 10 minutes, but add back cardio with 10 minutes on the stair climber. In between, I do a set of pull-ups and then the core exercises in the Aerobics Room. There's no need for a/c with the back door wide open. 

The dogs only get 30 minutes at the park where they run about like crazy animals. Neither of them act the least bit ill. Poopy pup is upset at being left home while I take the one with the lump on a solo ride to the vet. Where he was exceptionally well-behaved. Because it's his brother that really makes him act up. A needle biopsy was performed and sometime next week, we'll find out what this weird bump is...

20 October 2022
Thursday Puppy Woes

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd (3936)
Distance: 2.00
Cal: 221
Avg Hr: 137, 183-75

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 536 / 534
Floors 33
Cal 78
Hr 138 / 133

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...