Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Colder Darker Mornings

We celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary this weekend even though the actual date was last week. When we were both too busy to actually sit down at a nice restaurant and have a memorable dinner. We ordered the "tomahawk rib eye steak for two" with sides, soup and dessert. There was enough to take home for two more meals! Sides of truffle mac & cheese, asparagus, brussel sprouts, and onion rings. Our son had his usual strip steak, and we shared a serving of toasted almond cake. This has been the only place where there's actual toasted almonds on the cake instead of a hint of almond flavor.

I also spent the weekend stacking firewood, and I'm pleased to say that I'm finally done. My lower back aches a bit though, mostly from bending over and pulling logs from the pyramid of wood split last summer. I'm so glad I got a 2-wheel wheelbarrow! I'm estimating that each full load was over 100 pounds that needed to be dragged, pushed and pulled up and down hills until I could stack the pieces neatly in my front yard. At least the sciatica was quiet.

 

My son also finished his Eagle project this weekend, and we're all relieved to get one more thing off the list. He still has a lot of paperwork to submit, but at least it'll be done before he turns 18. That's the age Scouts age out.

I get to the gym and do my routine. Yesterday was a holiday so no school, and no gym for me because I'm not getting up at 6 AM unless I have to. On the Precor elliptical, Program 1 is technically the easiest but in reality, the hardest because of the low elevation for most of it. Program 3 has the highest elevations and leaves me sweaty and breathless, and yet, it's easier. I'm a little sweaty after 35 minutes, but mostly I'm just hungry. And that sucks.

Thankfully, pull-ups aren't too hard, at least until I get to rep 20. Both sets. Yep, I manage to do two sets today in spite of my abysmal cardio performance. But I'm okay with all of it since crunches, dead bugs, planks, push-ups and air squats feel routine. I've been noticing while doing eye yoga that I can see the outer edges of my eyelids on the horizontal axis. It's kind of disturbing. Just like always seeing your nose when you look down. But your brain filters that all out unless you focus.

11 October 2022
Chilly Post 3-Day Wknd Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5522)
Distance: 2.81
Cal: 311
Avg Hr: 143, 185-78

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3 (right eye lid edge!)

HGPU 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...