Friday, October 14, 2022

Better Than Expected

I hit the 5-minute snooze but didn't fall back asleep. Instead, I luxuriated in the warmth of several blankets while stretching and flexing my hands, toes and legs while lying in bed. The snooze is just in case I actually do fall back to sleep. That'd be catastrophic! We'd miss the school bus and I'd have to drive my son so he wouldn't miss his first period class. Half the time that class is PE (gym) which he doesn't really care about, but the other half it's College Anatomy Lab, something extremely interesting.

I'm tired and not just because I'm only getting 5-6 hrs of sack time. It's also because that time is inevitably interrupted by either needing to pee in the middle of the night, or someone else needing to wander the house in the middle of the night, probably to pee. Ugh. So, it's like having a couple of decent naps, which is actually how people slept before there were inventions like electric lights or streaming services. Sleeping 7-8 hrs straight is apparently a new thing in the history of humankind...

Elliptical 1 is available although #2 has an Out of Service sign on it. Well, that precludes Lazy Pedals and his pal from hogging machines 1 and 2... I do much better today with Program 1 than earlier this week. Which means I'm also dripping with sweat when done. That makes me feel better. I'm tempted to nap in the Aerobics Room though as I cool down and dry off. It's always a temptation!

There's a lot of newbies in the free weight area which means every single inclined bench is occupied. Ugh. I decide to climb stairs for 10 minutes. As soon as I set up on the Step Mill, all the folks in the free weight area disperse to the Cybex machines. Ah, if only I could've known ahead of time. I still do the steps, and then my shoulder routine. The additional cardio warmup doesn't adversely affect anything.  

While massaging the tender spot inside my wrist yesterday, I traced the discomfort up the anterior forearm to just below the elbow. It's early tendinitis that I have to keep my eye on! I rub some Penetrex into the afflicted area and hope it feels better later. This makes me reconsider using the 25 lb DBs for the shoulder workout because that's very stressful on my child-size hands and wrists. 

Sets with 15s and 20s are good enough and don't risk the same repetitive stress injury that I'm prone to. The wrist twinged slightly while on the elliptical (maybe the way I'm gripping the hand rails?) but didn't bother me during any other movements. I'm just happy it's not full-blown carpal tunnel, 'cuz that's really incapacitating.


14 October 2022
Fatigue Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5700)
Distance: 2.87
Cal: 319
Avg Hr: 143, 192-78

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

Free weight area super crowded!

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 535 / 536
Floors 33
Cal 78 / 78
Hr 147 / 138

EZ day right wrist forearm tendinitis
DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly
10 lbs x 25/15/20 reps
15 lbs x 20/15/25
20/15/20 lbs x 20/15/25 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...