Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Aftermath

I got the bare minimum 6 hrs of sleep before the alarm went off. At least temps are a balmy 57F when I start the car in the dark. It takes me forever to get myself on the elliptical and even then, I'm pedaling distracted because I'm in the middle of a text conversation with an alcohol treatment center. My husband got pulled over for a DUI last night and with stricter impaired driving laws, he stands to lose his license, which would be catastrophic since he drives to airports in other states and his schedule is erratic and unpredictable. Worse, the court appearance is for tonight and this is only slightly ridiculous because the case hasn't even made it's way to the DA's desk. Yes, I've had to contact an attorney as well.

So I'm half-assed pedaling the elliptical while texting. But it's warm and humid so working up a sweat is no problem. And the Core routine is routine although I did promise myself that I'd look at alternative planks that might not exacerbate my sciatica. Now, if only I could remember what they are and how to do them right when I'm in the Aerobics Room and ready to actually do them! Click here for that article.

I have time to do Triceps today and I use the bigger 1/2 lb discs. My elbows complain a bit so I add more rest time between sets and get it all done. Dogs want to go to the park even if there's no one to play with. Overcast skies with patchy fog and intermittent drizzle means a lot of dog folks stay home. Not us! A little weather never hurt anyone...

1 November 2022
Balmy Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd (3876)
Distance: 1.99
Cal: 219
Avg Hr: 144, 190-87

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

Skull Crushers / Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps each x 2
35 lbs x 12/12 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...