Friday, August 19, 2022

Tired and Sore

I'm definitely not getting enough sleep even though I don't have to meet the school bus. But if I want to get to the gym at a reasonable hour and then take the dogs to the park, I still have to get up early. My shoulders and glutes are slightly sore from yesterday. My abs more so. But I still do the routine cardio first, core and stretching, with sets of pull-ups. Because I don't work out on weekends. But I might trim my hedges...

I've recently discovered that a favorite comedy troupe from ages ago has rebooted on Amazon Prime. And I've been happily bingeing episodes until way past my bedtime. The Kids in the Hall pulls no punches. There's full frontal male nudity. And the original cast hasn't necessarily aged well with graying or missing hair, flabby butts and big bellies. But they are still weirdly hilarious. I haven't finished this season's run so I don't know if they've retained Mark McKinney's Chicken Lady (viewable on YouTube) or not... that's a genuinely disturbing character.



19 Aug 2022
Tired & Sore Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5678)
Distance: 2.86
Cal: 319
Avg Hr: 134, 184-82

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

HGPU 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...