Wednesday, August 24, 2022

At Least I Voted Yesterday

Yesterday there were special mid-term primary elections held. I had initially thought to vote on the way to the gym, but of course, I had a lot of things to do. And voting took more time than I expected if only because all the standard voting places had been changed to other places. (And no, I don't know why.) And of course, voters who used a particular school now had to find the back building of a giant Catholic church in the next town. 

Easy enough, except that specific building isn't accessible from the main road, and there weren't enough signs directing voters properly. It took me over a half hour just to find the right building. Another few minutes to verify my status as a registered voter, and then a few seconds for the one decision to make on the ballot. I get my "I Voted" sticker and leave so I can take the dogs to the park.

Today I get to the gym later than I'd like. My lower back hurts, my glutes are intermittently sore, and oddly, my right thumb feels sprained. I think I woke up with it sprained. But it's not really sprained because eventually the tenderness goes away, but not before I pedal 35 minutes on the elliptical while wondering if and how this is going to impact pull-ups. 

There are a lot of kids at the gym, including one working the front desk when I arrive. School starts in two weeks in my town, and probably next week for this town. I wonder if the kid at the front has naturally curly hair or if he's done something to make the front look like a poodle while the sides are short and slicked back. Of course, I'm not going to ask him!

I'm too late to use the Aerobics Room so I find a spot in the Functional Gym area. I hate exercising there because ultimately it's too crowded. I don't mind people. I do mind people who have conversations over you when you're laying on the ground, as if you were a piece of equipment. There are a few regulars who are habitual offenders, and today I decided to actually say out loud what's on my mind. Not really loudly, considering the music in the background. (I'm also wearing earbuds and I can't turn my tunes up loud enough to drown out the inane conversations I'm hearing.) But loud enough. I'm not sure if they actually heard me as I didn't look at them or direct my speech to them, but I did curse a lot and state that speaking over people is ridiculously rude. WTF. They move to the side to chatter. I guess they heard me. 

Sometimes I feel people underestimate me because I'm a small Asian woman. I might be an introvert but that doesn't mean invisible. If you piss me off, watch out. I don't even have to say anything. You'll just know. I haven't been in a great mood lately. Not enough sleep. And really, not enough exercise, and too many people getting in my way. I do my routine, and another set of pull-ups. And then, I get on the stair machine and do 10 more minutes. An Asian girl I've never seen before shows up, spends a minute stretching her legs on the railing below the cardio platform, and the rest of the time staring at her phone. When I leave, she's still on her phone. Great workout! Chances are good I'll never see her again.

Tomorrow I should do the DB shoulder routine and maybe add some tiny plates to the Olympic bar for inclined presses... But I'm not using those spring clips because I don't need to sprain my hands for real.

24 Aug 2022
Tired & Sore Wednesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5536)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 311
Avg Hr: 136, 182-82

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

HGPU 19+ 2 halves

Matrix StepMill (R)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 542
Floors 33
Cal 79
Hr 136

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...