Thursday, August 11, 2022

Cooler but Not Better

I got a late start this morning and that's thrown everything else off. Two out of four ellipticals are occupied so I use the cross-trainer today for 20 plus minutes. My left knee has been a bit wonky and I have to be careful how I move. Temps have been cooler and that's a relief but I barely sweat in the gym. Pull-ups feel harder, maybe because I skipped yesterday. (My son had the opportunity to get his Senior portrait done at the HS this week instead of at the studio in Connecticut.)

The workout was okay. I've definitely done better. I know I have to return to the 35 minute cardio sessions. Twenty-five minutes is okay but not really great. But it'd be easier if I got better sleep. Read some interesting articles about how night owls are predisposed to depression and shorter life spans. Another article states that the microbiome of the gut can influence our health (and lifespan) by virtue of increased Reactive Oxidative Species. This can be countered with appropriate anti-oxidants. To read about it, click here.


11 Aug 2022
Cooler Thursday

LF cross-trainer #3
Program manual level 1
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd
Distance: 2.81
Cal:199
Avg Hr: 134

HGPU 21

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Upper body stretch
Air Squats 25
Eye yoga

HGPU 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...