Thursday, August 18, 2022

Better Karma

I got out of the house later than I wanted but I still got to the gym and did the workout I had planned. I still can't quite make it to 2.9 on the elliptical. I'm a bit sore and a lot tired. I'm too late to use the Aerobics Room but there's not a lot of people in the "functional gym" area. I'm surprised to see teen boys here at this time. It's not really early but it isn't noon either.

Today is the day I test myself on the Inclined Breaker Bench for inclined presses, with just the bar. I haven't use one in a long time so there's some concern although I have pressed more than 45 lbs. But in moving from 20 lb DBs to 25s, there's a fear that my wee hands can go numb and I don't want a hunk of iron crashing down on my head. It's a legit concern!

Since I'm planning on taking the dogs to the park around 11, I have time to knock out sets at the higher weight. The bar feels a little awkward at first but moving it gets easier for each set. I stick with 15 lbs for DB Laterals because those delicate elbow can't handle anything heavier. Sets of 25 reps tells me I can handle more weight on the Olympic bar so I'll add 5 lbs to each side next time. However, I don't want to wrestle with those awful spring collars though. My hands are too small to work them, and the Rogue collars I own are kind of overkill for a couple of tiny plates. I'm already pulling 25s on the reverse inclined flys so 55 lbs should be okay on the press. At least I hope so.

Yesterday evening, I got another Amazon delivery but it wasn't the 2-item re-order I was expecting. Instead, it was the missing original 3-item order. Yaaay! Was it stuck in the back of the truck when the driver dropped off the wrong package? Too weird! I'm waiting to see if the re-order shows up in the next few days. I'll send that one back because I don't need duplicate items. Perhaps it's the good karma earned from hand-delivering the package that I got in error to its rightful address? Regardless, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

18 Aug 2022
Good Karma Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5742)
Distance: 2.89
Cal: 323
Avg Hr: 143, 200-90

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch

DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly
10 lbs x 25/15/20 reps warm up
15 lbs x 20/15/25 reps x 1
20/15/20 lbs x 20/15/25 reps x 1
45 (Olympic bar)/15/25 x 25/15/20 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...