Monday, August 29, 2022

Pizza Pounds

I ate too much pizza for supper last night and today I'm paying the price. I feel bloated, probably from all the salt and grease. But pizza with meatballs, olives, mushrooms, fresh garlic and onions is something we don't eat very often. It didn't help that my son and I also had bagels with lox and cheese spread for lunch. I've told myself I need to eat better, and less. Because I'm tired of my clothes being too tight. But tasty food is so tempting!

I get to the gym later than I'd like but there are few cars in the parking lot. Maybe because this is the last week of summer before school officially starts? Yes, the kids are MIA! However, the 3x a week Body Pump class is right on schedule so after pedaling the elliptical, I grab a mat and stretch out in the Functional Gym area. 

Of course, I stop off at the Stretch Cage and do a set of pull-ups. The short, fat sweaty guy has already dripped all over the floor there and I'm a bit skeeved out. But I'm able to knock out my reps anyway. I'm quite pleased that no one is in the Functional Gym space. Don't know if they've come and gone or just skipping today or this week. I don't care as long as they're not in my way.

Matching
plate cover!
 

When I'm done, I have enough time to do another set of pull-ups before showering and changing. Regardless of weather, my dogs still expect to get to the park so they can run at full tilt like loonies. If they're lucky, there will be other dogs to play with. If not, they'll just harass each other.

Over the weekend, I catch a video of Dana Linn Bailey working out at the Alphaland gym in Texas. She's got an enviable physique and even though I'll never approach anything remotely close to that, I still pay attention to a few of the shoulder exercises she performs. I might change the position of my hands and keep straighter elbows for my warmup set of lateral DB raises. I've been using the thumbs up position for lateral raises to relieve joint stress, but for a light warmup set, I could try the thumbs down/straight arm position again. Cuz I'd really like to have nice delts instead of just big triceps and biceps... Yeah, a portion of that is now fat (because I've packed on some) but even at a lighter weight, I've always had big arms.

24 Aug 2022
Late Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5646)
Distance: 2.86
Cal: 318
Avg Hr: 136, 196-121

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

HGPU 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...