Friday, August 12, 2022

Productive and Pleasant

I got myself out of bed at a reasonable hour just so I could get my workout done in its entirety. Definitely worked up a sweat and a mild sense of satisfaction. The gym was moderately crowded for a Friday morning but people moved briskly and with purpose. The malingering only happens when teens arrive...

My knee is still tender and my legs and feet have been sporadically on the verge of spasms when I wake in the morning. Stretching in bed is now a habit I've had to avoid. I don't believe it's a potassium imbalance (a popular muscle cramp remedy is to eat bananas). So of course, my hypochondriac self runs wild with all sorts of neurological disorders which I force myself to ignore. Today, my right shoulder and elbow are sore and my finger tips go numb as I pedal. I hate when that happens and usually it doesn't happen very often. Maybe I've lost some conditioning by cutting my cardio down by just ten minutes. I hope not.

The rest of my workout feels very routine, including doing all the DB shoulder sets. I'm toying with increasing the weight for the last set, maybe using the 45 lb Olympic bar for Inclined Presses and 25 lb DBs for the Reverse Inclined Flys. But of course, I'd cut the reps. Maybe I'll just try it next week and see how it feels.

12 Aug 2022
Cool Pleasant Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5744)
Distance: 2.89
Cal: 323
Avg Hr: 144, 200-101

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Eye yoga
Upper body stretch

DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly
10 lbs x 25/15/20 reps warm up
15 x 20/15/25 reps x 1
20/15/20 lbs x 20/15/25 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...