Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Stress Gains

I'm not paranoid not wanting to use a cardio machine that's been recently vacated by someone panting and sweaty... although I find myself also not wanting to use a "hot" toilet stall either. Something about airborne germs et al. And ironically, it's the fittest folks who expel the most particles (probably due to their enhanced lung capacity) while exercising feverishly. Of course, this mostly applies to those cardio fitness classes, which I never participate in. 'Cuz crowds make me uncomfortable (see previous post).

Taking over the front yard!
It's been waaay too hot to be very active over the long weekend, although I did clear a lot of weeds, move dead firewood into the swamp and lay down two new pallets so I can stack good firewood. And I've tagged a few more milkweeds in my yard. Looks like I've created my own private milkweed sanctuary and no town mowers to worry about! I only hope that the butterflies appreciate it and leave caterpillars to watch over. 


Blistering today. I'm not doing yard work in 90+ F temps. And unfortunately, current events have me stress eating so I find my "fat clothes" fit me perfectly. Well, at least I have clothes that fit although I miss my "nice" clothes that need me to drop about 8 lbs to wear comfortably. Because it's all about comfort!

I'm still surprised when I make it past 2.9 on the elliptical, considering how slow and stiff I start out. The hips and lower back remain achy throughout the day, but it's not sciatica so I'm okay with that. Pull-ups feel harder today, especially the second go-round. It's not that my arms are weak, but that my core feels loose and sloppy, which makes the pull-up harder. Well, I'll be back tomorrow, and maybe knock out some Skull Crushers... I might finally have plumbers coming to the house to assess and replace the corroded waste pipe that has caused my kitchen sink to clog. Nothing like bailing water out of a double sink with a pot and dish rag when you'd rather be sitting in front of the air conditioner...

31 May 2021
Post Holiday Tuesday

Precor elliptical #2
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5858)
Distance: 2.93
Cal: 329
Avg Hr: 156, 198-87, 94

HGPU 24

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Pull-apart band 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

HGPU 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...