Thursday, May 5, 2022

Cinco

Today temps hit a high near 70F and the pups are at the park for two hours with various other playmates. It's too hot to wear a hoodie but the tiny flying insects aren't too bad. I'm still tired though. I was tired when I got up this morning, and tired when I got on the elliptical. Middle-Age Guy (MaG) is pedaling on #1 and I don't see Lazy Pedals anywhere in the vicinity so I get on #3. 

Halfway through Program 3, LP arrives to chat with MaG. Well, at least he's not getting on #2 between us. Instead, he waits until MaG is done and then he gets on the same machine. That works for me. And I nearly break 3 miles today. It's the closest I've ever been on this cardio machine with these programs.

No pull-ups today. My abs are slightly sore. As are my triceps. And that's okay too. I'm not sure that the band pull-aparts are working, but they do make my shoulders tired. Not a bad thing, especially on "shoulder day." There are lots of regulars in the free weight area but I secure an adjustable bench right by the DBs. Next time I'll probably increase the Reverse Inclined Flys by another 5 lbs, just to get back to where I used to be.

Today is Cinco de Mayo and the skies are sunny. Tomorrow and the weekend promise more rain. But it'll be okay...

5 May 2021
Sunny Super Tired Thursday Morn

Precor elliptical #3
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (6062!)
Distance: 2.99
Cal: 339
Avg Hr 150, 213-82

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Band pull-aparts 25

DB Laterals s/s Rev Inc Flys
10 lbs x 15/25 reps warm up
15 x 15/25 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...