Tuesday, May 10, 2022

A Few New Things

Tonight we're going to see Weird Al Yankovic in concert. I've never seen him perform live but I hear he puts on a really good show. I thought about bailing on the gym today and just doing some yard work because I'm not getting enough sleep, but then thought better of it. It's weird how one can be so tired and yet have a good work out. Maybe fatigue is all in my mind?

I tried the Superman Plank and it's a lot harder than it looks. For some reason Bird Dogs are easy, but Superman Planks are hard. My balance is off and I fight teetering to one side or the other while keeping an eye on my phone. Maybe next time I get off my elbow? Thirty seconds is a long time when you're not good at it. I fare better with adding DB Inclined Presses to my shoulder routine. I was actually going to do Triceps but I'm so tired that I forgot what I was supposed to do, saw an available inclined bench and started my shoulder routine.

Admittedly, DB Incline Presses are ridiculously easy at the weights I used today, but I've just started. Next week I'll use the 20s and maybe move up to the 25s. But I'll stick with the 15s for Lateral Raises, although Reverse Inclined Flys can work up to the next level. I remember using 25s but that was some time ago...

10 May 2021
Weird Al Tuesday Morn

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5882)
Distance: 2.93
Cal: 329
Avg Hr 148, 205-91

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
*Superman Plank 30s each side
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Band pull-aparts 25

DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly
10 lbs x 15/15/25 warm up
15 x 15/15/25 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...