Friday, May 27, 2022

Yes, This is Fairly Accurate

I viewed a hilarious YouTube video contrasting introverts and extroverts at the gym, and for the most part, I empathize with the introvert. For the most part but not totally, because I'm comfortable enough at the gym and have no desire to work out at home all by myself. But that doesn't mean I want to chat between sets either.


Today the weather conspires against me. There's pea soup fog inside my head making my eyeballs hurt. I'm simultaneously congested with a runny nose. So I need to blow my nose, but it's not very productive. The sky is dark and hazy, temps and humidity are high. There's also no school for a lot of districts (creating a 4-day weekend for school kids) so I have less incentive to wake early, but I do. And I'm at the gym at the usual time although it takes a while to get myself started. No phone fumble today and I make my distance quota. Pull-ups were challenging for the first few reps only because I'd forgotten to clench my core to keep my lower body from swaying. Crossing legs at the ankles help.

There's a girl already in the Aerobics Room when I enter. She's wearing black shorts, leggings and bra, with a boxy, black-spotted yellow tank that made me think she was dressed like a bee. Like a big carpenter bee. She's doing a routine involving a yoga mat and small plastic dumbbells. The Aerobics Room is disappointingly warm, warmer than the rest of the gym. I can't stop sweating. 

Well, at least I can knock out a second set of pull-ups before showering and changing. At my eye doc appointment, my IOPs register 13/14, which is much better than last month, but I'm a tad disappointed that they aren't lower. Not sure if it's the Astaxanthin, or changing my head position while I sleep. No side sleeping when you have glaucoma. I should raise my pillow by 20-30 degrees but that puts a lot of pressure on my coccyx. That's not good for my sciatica. My lower back feels chronically stiff, and the left hamstring is sensitive. Movement makes it better though. I have another appointment next month to discuss the results of today's visual field test. Fingers crossed that my vision hasn't deteriorated as much as the last test suggests.

27 May 2021
Foggy Friday Morn

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5850)
Distance: 2.92
Cal: 327
Avg Hr: 143, 197-88

HGPU 24.5

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Pull-apart band 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

HGPU 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...