Thursday, May 26, 2022

Well, That Sucks...

Nothing more depressing that reading about one's chances of developing dementia just because one has one of the less popular blood types. So, not only does having AB+ type blood increase my chances of vascular issues (AB blood tends to be "stickier" than type O), but now it increases the probability of mental impairment by a whopping 80%. WTF?!

Meanwhile, I get to the gym on time and am en route to finishing a routine cardio segment when I fumble my phone and that costs me speed. Which costs me a fraction of a mile. So, now I've finally broken the 2.9 streak, but only because my phone will misinterpret my efforts to view it and instead present me with everything I'm not interested in, like the latest news, pending incoming emails and texts, the weather outside...

I skipped yesterday to weed whack my yard, especially the field of mugworts. Again, my lips go numb from the flying pulverized vegetation. As loathe as I am to use herbicides, I spray all the poison ivy I find with a triclopyr mix (Ortho Max Poison Ivy Killer). I certainly don't want to weed whack it or pull it up with my gloved hands. I don't see Oriental Bittersweet listed as a target plant on the label, although this product apparently works on kudzu. I don't have kudzu though. I have Oriental Bittersweet, and as many vines with ladder tendrils that I rip out of my hedges, I always find more. 

Tomorrow I have an eye doc appointment to check on whether the left eye has really lost vision and if the astaxanthin has reduced my IOPs. I'll still make it to the gym, but it'll just be cardio, core & stretching, and some pull-ups. Today, I spend more time in the free weight area, utilizing one of the Inclined Breaker Benches. Lucky for me, someone has borrowed the Olympic bar for that bench so I don't worry about banging my head. Because I'm not benching the bar for the Inclined Presses although I could. The bar is only 45 lbs and easier to handle than a pair of 20 lb DBs. 

Keeping to my plan, I add pounds and reps to the inclined portions of the routine. I make time to do 3 sets even though it means I'll be late to the dog park later. This shoulder routine doesn't feel bad at all and I'm moving between sets with very little rest. The goal is to get back to 25 lbs for the Reverse Inclined Flys, but I'm not there yet.

26 May 2021
Brisk Thursday Morn

Precor elliptical #4
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5784)
Distance: 2.89 (phone fumble)
Cal: 324
Avg Hr n/a

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Pull-apart band 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly
10 lbs x 20/15/20 warm up
15 lbs x 20/15/25 reps
20/15/20 lbs x 20/15/25 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...