Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Little Changes

My right shoulder feels off. The back of my left thigh is throbbing slightly. That pesky sciatic nerve! Today is the day I might break that 2.9 streak and succumb to fatigue (and disinterest) but I manage to squeak by. I'm very happy there's no pull-ups scheduled for today. In the Aerobics Room, I walk in on a woman in high-waisted leggings and a sports bra taking those odd "over the shoulder" selfies. I actually don't know what that contorted poise is supposed to do for the picture.

The shoulder discomfort is enough justification to take Side Planks out of my routine. Everything else feels okay, including the pull-apart band stretches at the end. I'm happy I can actually feel the a/c today. Yesterday, I was disappointed at how warm the room was, not that it was actually warm, but that it wasn't frigid. When I'm flush and sweaty, I want to dry off and cool down quickly!

 I walk into the free weight area and make sure to clear the gaggle of women cackling in the corner. There are a few regular guys in the DB area including Grey Beard. I find the 30 lb barbell and settle backward on a breaker bench. Today, I make a point of not hooking my left foot under the yellow bar to pull myself upright. That little habit puts stress on the hamstring and aggravates my sciatica. Instead, I do a sit-up with the barbell in my hands. It's surprisingly easy to sit upright after each set considering I haven't done a sit up in years. (I wonder why I've never done this before!) My left leg sciatica is still annoying but at least I haven't made it worse...


24 May 2021
Tuesday Morn


Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5782)
Distance: 2.90
Cal: 325
Avg Hr 144, 197-88

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Pull-apart band 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

Skull Crushers / Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps each x 6 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...