Thursday, June 2, 2022

Wood is Heavy

I woke up this morning feeling stiff and sore. Sciatic left leg also being troublesome. I'm blaming taking yesterday off to stack firewood as the weather was perfect for yard work: cool and dry. A lot of bending, reaching, pushing and pulling individual pieces off a haphazard pyramid of split wood, stacking it on a handcart and then maneuvering that around to the front of the house where I have pallets stacked. The shortest route is the hardest as it descends down roughly cut grass and weeds and boggy soil. 

Much better to push the cart out to the cracked paved road and down the driveway, around the grove of milkweeds sprung up on the lawn, right up to the pallets. I don't get to finish as the plumbers finally show up and fix my waste line problem. (Yaaay for having a civilized kitchen again instead of having to bail out the sink each time the faucet is run.) Then it rains and I'm not stacking wood in the rain.

My head is cloudy and today I definitely don't make my mileage. Also glad I put off pull-ups until tomorrow: arms and shoulders are tired and sore. Once I'm warmed up, I feel much better, although push-ups have my arms spread wide at an odd angle to stop the elbows from clicking painfully. Air squats make my knees unhappy. The sciatica feels better but the whole lower back resumes stiffness once I cool down. Still, the Skull Crushers and Rip Skulls are easy and done with quickly. I'm still tempted to increase the weights slightly, maybe 2.5 lbs (loose 1.25 lb and 2.5 lb magnetic discs available)... 

I read an odd article about the potential protective effects of having food allergies, protective against Covid-19. That's unexpected, and intriguing.

2 June 2021
Post Plumber Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5654)
Distance: 2.86
Cal: 318
Avg Hr: 149, 190

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Pull-apart band 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

Skull Crushers / Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps each x 6 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...