Monday, May 16, 2022

H's

The combination of heat and humidity, while great for super dry skin, isn't so great for those of us who have trouble regulating our body temperature (a problem common to those with ichthyosis vulgaris). The first half of my cardio workout is miserable: I'm in that prickly-heat zone where my skin itches and tingles with unpleasant pin pricks because I'm overheated but not enough to sweat yet. Once I start to perspire, the itching subsides. 

Again, I doubt making it past 2.9 but I do. The astaxanthin is the only reasonable explanation. Inactivity this weekend has aggravated my sciatica and the lowest part of my back, the coccyx, is tight and sore. The nerve running down my left calf feels taught but the stretches between ab exercises helps a lot, especially the lower torso rotation and the fire hydrant.

I've cooled down by the time I get back to the Stretch Cage to do round two for pull-ups. But my hip and lower back are starting to stiffen so I do 10 minutes on the stair machine. That's enough to keep me loose until I can shower and change.


16 May 2021
Foggy Monday Morn

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5848)
Distance: 2.92
Cal: 328
Avg Hr 140, max 197-71

HGPU 22

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Side Elbow Plank 2 x 30s
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Pull-apart band 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

HGPU 21.5

Matrix StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Step 527
Floors 32
Cal 77
Hr 148

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...