Monday, May 9, 2022

Post Mother's Day

I wasn't expecting it to be in the 30s this morning. At least there wasn't frost on the windshield, but I definitely am not a morning person. I kept waking up every few hours, and once the alarm went off at 5:45 and I hit the 10 min snooze, I immediately fell into a dream that the second alarm interrupted just as it was my turn to do something I can't quite remember. Ugh.

Some colleges are already done for the term, so that explains the influx of young women at the gym this morning, not that it's crowded. A lot of members have gone on vacation already! I'm okay with that. I had a lot of movie theater popcorn yesterday, followed by a Mother's Day dinner at a local restaurant. (Yes, I finally got to see Everything Everywhere All At Once and it was well worth the wait! Surprise! Short Round from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, is all grown up and plays the not-so-hapless husband, Waymond.) The martial arts choreography is exhilarating and unexpectedly entertaining!

We all know that movie theater popcorn and restaurant food are laden with salt and fat. The restaurant also refilled my glass of pinot noir without me asking them to (not good). I'm a one glass patron because I can't finish two even if I sit there all night. Too much wine makes me sleepy. Which means, I'm not surprised that I feel sluggish this morning. 

My nose is persistently runny although most of the forsythias have dropped their brilliant yellow blooms. I'm happy to have made decent mileage although I'm disappointed I didn't get more reps on the pull-ups. Of course, it is Monday. Hopefully I'll improve as the week wears on. I'm considering altering my planks to try something labeled "superman plank" that I read about in an online cycling journal. I haven't quite figured out how to do it yet though without falling on my face. It'd be a Bird Dog if the downed leg had a bent knee and downed elbow straight. Hmm...

I skip the step machine to give myself more time to grocery shop before taking the dogs to the park. With gas prices so high, I'm reluctant to drive out of my way. The market with better prices and quality is in the same strip as my gym, but it's not the closest one to my house.

9 May 2021
Sunny Cold Monday Morn

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5780)
Distance: 2.90
Cal: 324
Avg Hr 148, 94-189

HGPU 22

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Band pull-aparts 25

HGPU 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...