Tuesday, May 3, 2022

A Seasonable Spring Day

It rained yesterday. It will rain tomorrow. But it's partially sunny today and reasonably warm. This week will see alternating weather patterns but I'm okay with it. It's only the tiny flying insects that really annoy me as they constantly flit with certain death by inhalation, ingestion or just being trapped between eyelids and lashes.

My husband made dinner last night, and while it was tasty, there's a literal pile of dishes overflowing the sink and I feel bloated and swollen from too much salt-laden food. However, I seem to do better in spite of feeling worse. Cardio is better today. No pull-ups and I move my pull-aparts to right after arm and shoulder circles but before eye yoga. Tuesdays are usually quieter because a lot of folks subscribe to the 3X weekly model (MWF) which is fine with me. 

Horizontally distorted
By the time I get to triceps, I'm feeling pretty good. Too good. Maybe I need to add a bit of weight to the barbell? Last time I added 5 lbs, it caused a minor sciatica flareup. Should I add more sets instead? I take a photo of the bench and notice a 0.5 setting on the scale wheel. My last phone didn't have that in the camera. I can take the photo without stepping back but the image is very distorted width-wise. Looking around, I see a few regulars like Tank, GrayBeard, and of course, B is chatting up a woman by the machines. Time to go shower! 

Yesterday, I saw from the back, a man inappropriately dressed for the gym. He had on baggy jeans that were in danger of slipping off, salt and pepper hair and scruffy beard that needed a good trim, a jacket, baseball cap, and a lost look as he walked the treadmill for a few minutes. Then I realized that I recognized this man who at first glance screamed "homeless" but I had trouble figuring out from where. Ten minutes later his face pops into the proper scenario. He's the parent of a student in my son's kung fu class. But he normally goes to Planet Fitness because they were only $10/month and had incentives like pizza parties and bagel Fridays. But I've also heard that they don't really have any free weights so unless you only use machines, it might not be a good fit...

3 May 2021
Not Raining Tuesday Morn

Precor elliptical #3
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5890)
Distance: 2.93
Cal: 330
Avg Hr 138, 197-88

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Band pull-aparts single strand 25

Skull Crushers / Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps each x 6 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...