Friday, May 6, 2022

Foggy Inside and Out

When I arrive at the gym, Lazy Pedals is already on an elliptical, but it's not his customary #1 or 2. Oddly, it's #3. He's still draped over the console though, and his buddy Middle-aged Guy is nowhere in sight. He's only on for a few minutes before ambling off to a treadmill where he's walks for literally five minutes, leaves his stuff on the machine, and disappears for the next 20. When he returns, he waves the yellow cleaning rag over the screen (I don't think he actually wipes anything) and heads down to the free weight area. Wondering if he's ill, and then spreading it to all his gym buddies. 

The gym staff issues us yellow washcloths and spray bottles with disinfectant solution when we enter. And we hand them back when we leave. Most of the time the bottles don't spray very well, and I prefer to grab a wet wipe out of the "gym buckets" sporadically stationed throughout. Still, so much better than the bleach spray bottles and paper towels from pre-Covid times...

It's rainy and cold outside and my head feels foggy inside. And I'm tired and a little bit achy. However, I still manage a really good cardio workout that leaves me drenched and sweat dripping off the ends of my hair-clipped braid. Because I'm so tired and it's the end of the week, and there's no one on either stair machine, I do 10 minutes for a little extra cardio. Unfortunately the step mill never really gets past 52 steps per minute at speed setting 6: I'm too tired to challenge myself by increasing the speed. Nope, 52 is fine. It gets to 55 but only for a second, hence 522 steps for 10 minutes and not 520.

I'm hoping to finally catch that Michelle Yeoh film, Everything Everywhere All At Once this weekend. My son and his friends want to see the latest Marvel spectacular: Dr. Strange In the Multiverse of Madness. I heard it didn't get great reviews, but I'll bet it's entertaining. And since I'll have to drive my son to meet his friends, I might as well enjoy a movie too.

 

 

6 May 2021
Grey Super Tired Friday Morn

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5940)
Distance: 2.94
Cal: 331
Avg Hr 143, 203-84, 91

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Band pull-aparts 25

HGPU 22

Matrix StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52)
Step 522
Floors 32
Calories 76
Heart Rate 138

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...