Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Fatigue as a Side Effect

Yesterday, schools got dismissed early, after-school activities were canceled and the library closed at 5 instead of 9 because we were all told about the possibility of tornadoes. It did rain heavily for an hour around 4 pm, long after schools would have dismissed on regular schedules. But weather is so unpredictable no wonder no one really pays much attention to the apps anymore. Except those who might be liable should the unthinkable "acts of god" occur. Then everyone will find someone to sue. Or have their insurance rates skyrocket.

This morning it's cool and sunny, a perfect day. The gym is more crowded than it should be for a Tuesday and I'm a tad late because I'm tired and dragging my butt. My fatigue could actually be due to all the glaucoma meds I'm on. Anecdotal evidence suggests that many of these eye drops have fatigue as a side effect. I'm acutely aware of having dry eyes (my eyeballs feel sticky and tire easily) and dry mouth (constantly sipping water!), so why wouldn't I also have fatigue that no amount of coffee can fix without upsetting my stomach?

Cardio wakes me up and gets the blood rushing and the sweat dripping. I skip side planks today because my ribs feel sore. Weird, right? But what really bothers me are my hip bones. Or maybe it's the coccyx. Which is different than having a low back ache. It feels like I have no cushioning so stepping is harsh and a bit jarring. Stretching helps. Bird dogs and fire hydrants make everything much better. 

I finally remember to do triceps today. There are more muscle-heads in the gym today, friends of regulars and they're all congregated in the DB area. Gray Beard is back. Tank has a pal who's more massive than he is and a bit older. If I looked, I'd probably find B in the middle of them because she's in need of a new "gym husband." Yesterday she had Lazy Pedals spotting her on the bench. Unfortunately, she can't return the favor.

There are still college girls working out throughout the gym. I find a breaker bench on the other side of the freestanding BB rack and do my Skull Crusher and Rip Skull sets. Next time, I might alternate reps instead of sets just to change things up... When I get home, I'll eat some oatmeal but I'm getting bored and need new ways to make that interesting.

 

17 May 2021
Crisp Tuesday Morn

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5938)
Distance: 2.94
Cal: 331
Avg Hr 141, 200-93

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Pull-apart band 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

Skull Crushers alternate with Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps x 6 sets


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...