Wednesday, March 30, 2022

HumpDay Blues

I'm tired enough that I consider baling on this morning's workout and postponing it until tomorrow. Tomorrow it will be warmer, and probably raining. Which means if I'm going to get any yard work done, it has to be today. I go to the gym but I get a late start because everything is taking me longer to do. I still finish my regular routine, although I can't quite make the same number of reps for pull-ups.

I get on the step machine and feel frustrated by its insistence on slowing to 52 steps per minute. After 45 seconds of this nonsense, I click the plus button and increase the speed to level 7 just to get the machine to hit 60-62 steps per minute. Much better. But I still might bale on tomorrow's workout... 

I have a dermatology appointment later. This "cold rash" isn't getting any better, and the polar vortex has only made it feel worse. My ob-gyn (saw him for an annual) doesn't think it's a cold rash at all but a vascular issue since the skin there is much colder than the surrounding area. But I reason that the back of thighs and glutes usually feel colder than legs because of subcutaneous fat. My ob-gyn disagreed. (Seriously, aren't your glutes usually colder than your quads?) I hate doc appointments: they take up so much time and interrupt the rhythm of a productive day...

29 March 2021
Polar Vortex Wednesday Morning

Precor elliptical
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5868)
Distance: 2.92
Cal: 328
Avg Hr 162, 190-84, 93

HGPU 21

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 20

Matrix StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6, 7 (52-62)
Steps 603
Floors 37
Calories 87
Heart Rate 149

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...