Friday, April 1, 2022

April Fools but not really

I've always thought of some vitamins as being benign because that's how they've always been presented. Like, for instance, most of the B vitamins, excluding niacin. But who hasn't thought of B12 as that boost when fatigue sets in? Sublingual B12 tabs were very popular once, and can still be found on the shelf. I've recently upped my intake of B12 because I still feel tired a lot of the time. After all, these are water soluble vitamins, and they'll just wash out in your urine if you take too much, right? I haven't experienced any vitamin-colored pee so I figure I might actually need it. It's also been said that older folks tend not to absorb essential vitamins and minerals from food as efficiently as younger people. 

Then I came across an article yesterday about how vitamin B12 has been linked to an increased cancer risk. That got my attention. Of course, it's lung cancer and the risk appears to be selective toward men. And of course, smokers have the highest risk. But I'll have to do further research... my bottle of B12 has 500 mcg per tiny pink pill, ten times the amount the article suggests increases adenocarcinoma risks. Ugh.

I got a lot of yard work done yesterday and I'll probably do more tomorrow, the one day that promises not to actually rain. Of course, the town has closed the dog park tomorrow for their annual Easter Egg hunt, and that makes us dog park folks very annoyed. It's not like the wee ones will be hunting for eggs in that section of the park! We think it's because they want to cannibalize our parking area. It's also the only completely fenced area out of the entire 7 park town system that we dog owners pay extra to use.

Today's gym routine eventually felt good, once I warmed up. Felt good enough to increase the speed on the Step Mill to 7 and then 8, all just to get an actual speed somewhere in the 60s, as in 60 steps per minute. Level 6 kept dropping down to 52. Level 7 never got past 58. Level 8 danced from 60 to 67 but mostly stayed at 62, which makes sense of 639 steps in 10 minutes. Back on Monday!

1 April 2021
Friday Morning

Precor elliptical
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5790)
Distance: 2.90
Cal: 325
Avg Hr 144, 88-188

HGPU 21

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 20

Matrix StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 8 (60-67)
Step 639
Floors 39
Calories 91
Heart Rate 156

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...