Tuesday, March 1, 2022

March First

My dogs' theoretical birthdays are today and today they are 3 years old. So I took them to the park a bit earlier to let them run around more. Which meant I didn't go to the gym until quite a bit afterward. (Pups insist on being hand-fed, otherwise food just sits in the bowl, uneaten and eventually tossed. And they are not fat by any means.) I get to the gym around half past noon and the gym isn't too crowded. Mileage and step count are better than yesterday.

I check the clock and realize that if I go to the Aerobics Room, the free weight area will be swarmed with teens by the time I get out. Since I did pull-ups yesterday I don't need to do them today. And there's nothing that says I need to do core et al before pushing weights. There are a few kids already in the gym; they probably didn't have any late classes today. A big dude with impressive delts and tris is on the only adjustable bench in the DB area but there's no one at the Smith where the other adjustable bench is. Mine!

Today I ease back into shoulder work and do a few sets of dumbbell delts: lateral raises superset with reverse inclined flys. I'm too lazy to scroll through my notes to find the last entry for delts as it was probably some months ago. I just start at 10 lbs and move from there. Like the Rip Skulls, I haven't actually lost much strength and do sets with 15 and 20 lb DBs. I can probably move to 25s in another week or two if I stick to this. My sciatica isn't bothering me. (Except when I sit on something too hard or too soft and then my ankle hurts! Weird, I know.) But my lower back has a persistent dull ache.

There are a few kids in the Aerobics Room when I go in to do my routine mat exercises. When I leave, the free weight area is flooded with teens. Just as well that I have to leave (to get some grocery shopping done before taking my son to his kung fu class) without trudging up the Step Mill. There's always tomorrow morning. I have a follow up dermatology appointment in the afternoon, and yes, I still have that cold rash in spite of my liberal application of steroidal cream. Still, I'm rather bummed that my dermatologist is retiring this summer. He's literally the only doc I've ever met who also has IV (ichthyosis vulgaris). It's probably why he became a dermatologist.

1 March 2021
Cloudy Tuesday Afternoon

Precor elliptical
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5818)
Distance: 2.91
Cal: 326
HR: 136-196, 81, 87

DB Laterals s/s Rev Inc Flys
10 lbs x 15/20 warm up
15 x 15/20
15/20 lbs x 15/20 reps x 3 sets

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...