Thursday, March 24, 2022

Threat of Snow?

It's raining with temps reaching only to the mid-40s. Sadly, the frogs have stopped chirping but several "worms" of robins have been spotted flitting between hedges and ground. Large purple crocus buds have emerged outside the house so it must be Spring! There is a threat of snow but that's further north, in the Catskills so I'm not worried.

Because it's raining, there are no other dogs at the park today but my pups still had time to run about. And because I did pull-ups yesterday, I didn't do them today. But I did everything else: cardio, core, step climber. It wasn't horribly crowded at the gym and at first I felt really cold. And then quite suddenly, about 10 minutes in, I got really warm, which meant I felt faster. And indeed, I got decent mileage with Program 1, a course I normally struggle with because of all the flat troughs. Just as I started the core/stretch section of my workout, my earbuds told me they were out of power. Luckily, I always keep charged AirPods in my gear bag...

My sciatica has switched legs and now the left side is a bit twingey. I have no explanation for it, but think that instead of giving up Rip Skulls, maybe I'll have to cut the movement back to plain ol' Skull Crushers. I'll miss the overhead stretch but it'll probably be easier on my spine. If the gym's not too crowded tomorrow, I'll try adding the DB shoulder routine back. But Friday's are iffy because it'll either be empty or really crowded.

24 March 2021
Rainy Thursday Morning

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5944)
Distance: 2.94
Cal: 331
Avg HR: n/a

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

Matrix StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-60)
Step 534
Floors 33
Calories 78
HR: 141

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...