Friday, March 11, 2022

Priorities

Today was an abbreviated workout because I just couldn't fit everything I needed/wanted to do in the time I had. I like to take advantage of sales and coupons when they're valid so I needed to grocery shop before Sunday. Tomorrow's not viable with the advent of Winter Storm Quinlan. Normally I'd go after taking pups to the park, but I was meeting a friend for a celebratory joint birthday lunch, and possibly picking my son up after school because the "late bus" schedule is so understaffed that he wouldn't get home until damn near supper time. I brought home half the short-rib grilled cheese sandwich and my son promptly inhaled it. (He had gotten a ride from another parent so he got home before I did.) I did eat all the sweet potato fries though...

The gym parking lot was crowded when I arrived a bit before 7. But the gym itself wasn't bad with a smattering of old and middle-aged members. The seniors are an odd bunch, especially some of the women. I overheard one telling another that her cat was a Maine Coon, which, as explained to her by her vet, happened when a racoon raped a cat and created kittens. No, no, no! Yes, she truly believes this. Another woman didn't like to stretch in the Aerobics Room because there might be cameras watching her. And what would these non-existent cameras see? An old woman trying to touch her toes? Hardly blackmail material...

I was able to ramp up my intensity during the last 15 minutes of Program 3 on the elliptical, so I was very happy to pass 2.9 miles. Again, there was a cluster of chattering dudes at ellipticals one and two but they were quieter today. Thankful there were no pull-ups scheduled as the bottom of my forearm near the elbow is sporadically tender. Pushing too hard would result in "golfer's elbow" and no body needs that type of aggravated
inflammation.

I don't even have time for the Step Mill today. Well, there's a parade we're supposed to march in on Sunday, so I'm sure I'll be making up my steps there.

11 March 2021
Pre-Quinlan Friday Morning

Precor elliptical
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5908)
Distance: 2.93
Cal: 330
HR: n/a

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...