Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Bluster

I got to the gym at a quarter past noon and saw more regulars. Everyone is back to their old routines! I'm a bit surprised to see The Mayor and Square Jaw gabbing away on the cross-trainer. It must be the end of their workout because after a few minutes, I don't hear them above my tunes as I pedal on elliptical number one. Mind you, there's several cross-trainers and an Erg rower between me and them and I could still hear them yakking with my music on. There are definitely some people I don't miss.

I drank 8 oz of V8 juice and a cup of coffee before I left the house. I'm not sure if that's why I was able to do so well with program 1. Normally, it's quite the slog but today I've nearly made it to 3 miles. WooHoo! Of course, all that effort takes a toll and I'm not really recovered enough for Rip Skulls. But I want to get them done before the HS kids arrive so I do them before hitting the Aerobics Room for core and stretches.

Tomorrow promises to be messy outside. Not even sure the pups will get to the park. Schools have used up their snow days so if the buses don't run, we'll be remote. That'll probably make for a better workout on Thursday though, so no worries...

8 March 2021
Blustery Tuesday at Noon

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5992)
Distance: 2.96
Cal: 334
HR: 157-200, 93

Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 15
35 x 12, 11, 10

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

Matrix StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Step 531
Floors 33
Calories 76
HR: 146

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...