Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Spring Chores

I hate it when the alarm interrupts a really vivid dream, especially one that doesn't make any sense. I woke up and didn't know what day it was, just that it was really cold! Tomorrow should be warmer but with that warmth comes rain. It's deceptively sunny today, with a raw wind that makes your hands chafe if you're not wearing gloves. I always wear gloves, except of course, when attending to the dogs at the Bark Park... And the dogs are extra frisky today with a lot of running and barking and snarling, because they play like wolves.

The gym isn't very crowded although I see Lazy Pedals draped over the elliptical. Because I'm skipping pull-ups (can't do them two days in a row or else my elbows will complain bitterly), and the step machine, I have time to push some weights. I repeat last week's combination of Skull Crushers and Rip Skulls, alternating between the two, but keeping the same number of reps and sets. 

My lower back has been a tad wonky today, perhaps from the Spring housecleaning I initiated yesterday. Lotsa sorting, tossing, carrying out trash, boxing and bagging things up. Still more to do today. I'm tempted to start clearing the yard but it's really windy and cold. Unfortunately, once it warms up it'll be raining which is also not great for clearing the yard... I need a new wheelbarrow or to somehow remove the rusted bolts holding the broken wood handles and frame to the perfectly fine plastic tub. There's barberry and wild raspberry vines everywhere and I'm not holding them, even with gloved hands, to drag them out to the swamp. Where's my WD-40?

29 March 2021
Polar Vortex Tuesday Morning

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5752)
Distance: 2.88
Cal: 322
Avg Hr n/a

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

Skull Crushers & Rip Skulls (alternating sets)
30 lbs x 12 reps x 6 sets total
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...