Monday, March 28, 2022

Another Polar Vortex

There was a dusting of snow on my car windows this morning when I warmed it up. Not happy about 18F but the polar vortex will leave and temps might hit 60 by Thursday. Crazy weather! I'm debating with myself about buying more black oil sunflower seed for the bird feeder. I don't think I need to invest in the 25 lb bag though since I don't feed the songbirds once the temps warm up consistently. Seeing a lot of robins, and hearing pairs of cooing mourning doves. Chickadees and song sparrows and woodpeckers still flitting about the hedges...

I read a few articles extolling the benefits of doing squats. I've seen enough out-of-shape old people who can't get themselves out of a chair without using the armrests to know the importance of keeping those quads and glutes conditioned. I'm hoping that between the elliptical, air squats and the step machine, I've got this covered, although Landmine Squats are intriguing. But I'm not entirely certain my gym has one of those devices to lock an Oly bar into.

My cardio was decent today although I had trouble getting warm, and got momentarily distracted when my hair clipped slid and made my hair feel wobbly as I pedaled. Had to fix that! Everything else was routine, and happy to get my pull-ups done. Tomorrow I'll skip the step machine and push some weights around for a few minutes...

28 March 2021
Polar Vortex Morning

Precor elliptical
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5606)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 315
Avg Hr n/a

HGPU 22

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 22

Matrix StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-60)
Step 523
Floors 32
Calories 76
HR: 149

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...