Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Hump Day

Program 1 is my least favorite on the Precor elliptical so I'm not surprised at how stiff and tired I feel trying to build up speed while pedaling at "low altitudes" (gradient level 1-2). The steeper gradients (10-13) are easier to pedal although this is the level that is the most likely to cause my lower left back to spasm. Program 1 has one tall mountain but mostly low hills and a lot of flat ground. Add that it's early morning and I'm glad just to make it past 2.8 miles. The monitor says the HR is going crazy though. I don't feel it in my chest so other than writing it in my notes, I ignore it. I'm tired and I'm probably sore, but just too tired to actually notice.

I'm still a little breathless when I get to the Stretch Cage. And of course, I'm worried about how many pull-ups I'll be able to get, not that anybody except me really cares. Because it's morning and I still have to take the dogs to the park, I don't have time for pushing weights. After the basic core routine, I get another set of pull-ups (keeping an eye out for Snow Bird) and then ten minutes on the Step Mill. I haven't seen Big Baldy this week, but I am surprised to see Lazy Pedals on the stationery bike. There are more familiar faces entering the weight area and people are happily greeting each other like a family reunion.

There's also a couple of HS teens so I'm guessing they don't have morning classes. A lot of seniors arrange their classes so they can sleep in or do other things before school. I'm not sure I would've gone to the gym when I was a teen, but that was such a long time ago that girls weren't allowed access to the lone Universal machine with its burnt orange Naugahyde in the corner of the basketball court/gym. (Subsequently replaced by individual Nautilus machines and then Cybex stations.) Now, no one bats an eye if a gal picks up a DB or loads an Oly bar to do squats. Progress!

2 March 2021
Cloudy Wednesday Morning

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5586)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
HR: 151-203

HGPU 21

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 20

Matrix StepMill (left)
Manual 10:03 min
Speed 6 (52-57)
Step 543
Floors 33
Calories 79
HR: 151

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...