Wednesday, December 1, 2021

It's December!

Although my routine would have me doing Seated Cable Rows today, I've decided not to chance making my sciatica worse. I'm certain that 4 hours in a car on Thanksgiving had something to do with it. My left back hip hurts sporadically, but my right glute feels like someone punched it, and the outer right calf is tight as if my leg were swollen. Oddly, nothing hurts when I'm pedaling on the elliptical or walking about. It's standing that makes all the afflicted areas readily apparent.

I'm happy that I got on the elliptical even though it's the one without a working heart rate monitor. Lazy Pedals is draped over the other elliptical. I only use the cross-trainer as a last resort, and I won't touch the Octane until I've gotten the sciatica dealt with. To make up for bailing on the Seated Cable Rows, I do two sets of pull-ups, just not back-to-back. In total, I get 25 reps so I'm satisfied with that. I also do a few sets of Rip Skulls just for fun.

It's warmer today, peaking at 45F and the dogs are happy to romp in the park to play with canine pals. Doesn't seem like December yet, except for all the holiday candy, evergreen wreaths, fanciful light displays on the lawns... Now I have a plain wreath shedding its needles in the back of my car because I've forgotten to decorate it and hang it on my front door. Tomorrow...

1 December 2021
Frosty Wednesday & Sciatica

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5578)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 313
HR: n/a

HGPU 13

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 12

RipSkulls
30 lbs x 15, 12, 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...