Monday, February 3, 2020

Quick Push Workout

Today's workout was super quick yet still checked all the boxes: cardio, core, strength training, stretching. Some would say that 2.5 hours isn't exactly quick, but considering that includes changing and showering, it's a lot faster than my usual routine. Of course, that's mainly because I only did one session of cardio and only a few sets of the three strength training exercises.

It does take me rather a long time to change and shower, but mostly because long hair is a pain to wash and towel dry, then comb and braid. Plus, with this super dry and sensitive skin, I'd be in a lot of trouble if I didn't apply lotion. And different cream to the face, and vaseline to the feet and heels.

So being at the gym, from start to finish, for 2.5 hours isn't all working out. There's at least 45 minutes of "other" stuff that needs to get done because life is better when you've had your morning constitutional, and properly moisturized after showering. I make it back to the house just as the dog trainer arrives to take the other rescue pup for a day of desensitization. Runaway pup gets to stay home, and I get to stay home with him to keep him from tearing the rest of my window screens apart. It's a bright sunny 50F in February and we've already pulled a big fat dog tick off him.

I've planning to do my double cardio workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and more strength training on Wednesday. Friday I'll probably attempt Walking Lunges, Seated Leg Curls and maybe test out my balance with a Pistol Squat. I've finally gotten flexibility back in the quads enough to do a proper (yoga) stretch called the reclining hero pose. Yaaay me!

Monday Quick Push

30 elliptical + 5cd
Program 1
Miles 2.88
Calories 322
HR 146-194 (86, 95, 85)

Cage Stretch
HGPU 23

Elbow Plank 60s
Horizontal Scissors 60
Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Slow Pushups 25

Breaker Inclined Press
Bar (45) x 15
55 x 20
65 x 20

DB Laterals s/s Rev Inclined Flys
20 lbs x 12/20 reps x 3 sets

Rip Skulls
40 x 12, 10, 8

Quick Mat Stretch


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...