Monday, February 24, 2020

Routines Are Good

After a whole week off from school and the predawn schedule, today wasn't as hard as I expected. The sun rises earlier and that's a bonus, meaning I no longer have to turn all the yard lights on and wear a headlamp to take the pups out with my sleepwalking son. Temps will peak in the 50s this afternoon and then drop as rain enters the forecast. It's still technically winter, but it doesn't feel like it.

I'm on the favored elliptical for 35 minutes, then some stretching, a few pullups and then abdominal exercises in the Aerobic Room. I can't resist doing pushups until I feel taxed, and that turns out to be 40, or me counting to 20 twice. I could leave at this point, having covered most of my exercise bases.

The Smith is in use, which is no surprise since it is Monday. The other adjustable bench is open flat and being used by a newbie woman. I hate it when people use equipment they don't need. She should use one of the flat benches, but she either doesn't know any better or doesn't care. I use the Breaker Inclined Bench for some light presses before flipping myself over for the Reverse Inclined Flys portion of the DB superset.

It's at this point that my earbuds tell me that the battery is low. Ugh. This pair has lasted about 2 years now so I'm not surprised that the battery is a bit wonky. The tiny red diode never lit up when I plugged it in over the weekend. Apparently, it didn't charge. Luckily, I always keep spare (albeit corded) earbuds in my gear bag, so I connect those and thread the cord under my tank. I also can't keep my iPod in my bag; it has to clip to my waistband now. At least I still have tunes.

I'm annoyed enough to power through the heavy sets of DB shoulder work. Putting inconveniences to good use! Afterward, I do a few sets of Rip Skulls and then stretch. My ankle is a bit bruised from the weekend when I had to walk both pups simultaneously because my son and husband were away. (One pup wanted to chase squirrels while the other needs to do a waggle dance before voiding, twisting me all about.) I'm glad I outweigh the pups, although not by that much.

There was a Scout event this Saturday where my son proved himself a Ninja Warrior by scaling a 12-foot warped wall (and if there'd been ceiling room, he would've muscled up like he did on the 9-foot wall). Several Scouts are taller than he is but lack upper body strength. He also scaled a tower and made the leap to a floating body bag (the type you punch) several feet up in the air. My husband showed me the videos and I'm immensely proud. I like to think it's good genetics.


Back to School Monday Push

30 elliptical + 5cd
Program 1
Miles 2.93
Calories 329
HR 163-207 (96)

Cage Stretch
HGPU 23

Elbow Plank 60s
Horizontal Scissors 60
Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Pushups 40

Breaker Inclined Press
Bar (45) x 15
55 x 15
65 x 20, 20, 20

DB Laterals s/s Rev Inclined Flys
20 lbs x 12/20 reps x 3 sets
20/25 lbs x 12/20 x 3 sets

Rip Skulls
40 x 12, 12, 10

Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...