Friday, February 21, 2020

Is It Really Leg Day?

Although most hardcore lifters don't count cardio as a leg workout, I do. But then again, I'm not looking to gain size or even strength. I don't consider myself weak by any means and the only thing squats do is make my butt and thighs bigger. That is something I definitely don't need. What I do need is cardio endurance, not for any race, but for everyday life. So, in spite of all the advice to do cardio after weights, I do all my cardio beforehand.

Of course, Walking Lunges and 2:1 Seated Leg Curls might not really count for much in a Leg Day workout. But coupled with 35 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the Step Mill, those two movements help me complete a more balanced routine.

I get to the gym too late to access the Aerobic Room. There's Zumba followed by a yoga class. I do my core exercises in the stretch area. The treadmills are crowded, probably because 17F is too cold to go for a run no matter how sunny it is. The lunch crowd is in and out super quick but I see a few regulars. One overly large woman seems upset to see me, I suspect because I'm a lot more intimidating seated at the Leg Curl wearing workout gear. She's only seen me in the locker room in street clothes. The gym itself is a whole 'nother world.

Another Frigid Cardio Friday + Legs

30 min elliptical + 5cd
Program 3
Miles 2.96
Calories 334
HR 165-205 (86, 93, 87)

Cage Stretch
HGPU 23

Elbow Plank 60s
Crunches 60
Sideway Scissors 60
Crunches 60
Bicycles 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
PushUps 40

20 Step Mill
Level 4
Calories 126
Total steps 826
Floors 51
HR 126

Walking Lunges
30+30=60

2:1 Seated Leg Curls
15lbs x 15
30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12

HGPU 23

Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...