Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Do It All

We've had our rescue pups for about 3 weeks now so they're still quite skittish. I've been able to recruit my son to help me with early morning walks before I take him to the school bus stop. It's still dark out then and I wear a headlamp. We're working toward getting the pups to walk on a split lead so that I'm not totally reliant on my son's help if the pups really need to go out. Today I managed to do that after I got home. The cats fighting in the front yard didn't help since they got the pups horribly excited to be outside. I clipped the two-dog leash coupler to the martingale collars and affixed their harnesses just in case I needed to grab a handle and redirect a pup. My jacket pocket is always full of crumpled "poop bags," just in case.

For the most part, this worked out well although one pup needs to do a potty dance reminiscent of bees waggling directions to a field of wildflowers. He can't do it while attached to his brother. Later, when my son was home, we went for another walk where the pup was finally able to relieve himself, but only after retracing his steps from the walk he'd taken not 45 minutes earlier. And he still needed to do a 10-minute dance. Luckily, his brother (the runaway) doesn't have any of these hangups. But he never pees or poops in the same place twice.

At the gym, I warmed up on the elliptical, stretched in the Cage and did a few pullups. I also did my core exercises, which having done them three days in a row, actually made my abdominals feel a bit sore. I've decided to throw my standard routines to the wind and sat down to Seated Cable Rows. I didn't push myself to pull 100 lbs because that's a tad heavy and I haven't done these in a while. Again, I'm trying to "lift light" without getting bored.

From there, I move to the DB Area and do 6 supersets for shoulders. B has claimed the adjacent seated station but she's barely on it because half her workout is chatting with everyone who wanders into the area. I don't even acknowledge her. I don't have the time. Or the patience.

Later, in the locker room, she tries to engage me in her phone issues with saving gmails to a file folder on her phone. I tell her politely that Gmail is web-based (via Google) so I don't know about keeping files on her phone. She's better off going to the Apple store where someone she'll have to pay will help her. I suspect she wanted me to perform housekeeping tasks on her phone, but I'm not one of the gym guys she can talk into doing all sorts of things for her. She remarks she thought that I could help her, as if I've disappointed her. Whatever. I'm not getting sucked into that.

After the DB supersets, I attempt another set of pullups, knowing that this is going to be worse than my Cardio Plus workout. I get 20 but just barely. Those Seated Cable Rows work biceps as well as lats, as does Hammer Grip Pullups. Yeah, I don't have any reason to do curls... 

Wednesday Back & Shoulders

30 + 5 cd elliptical
Program 3
Miles 2.90
Calories 325
HR 149-195 (77)

Cage Stretch
HGPU 23

Elbow Plank 60s
Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
PushUps 30

Seated Cable Rows
70 x 12
77.5 x 12
85 x 12
92.5 x 12

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flys
20 lbs x 12/20 reps x 3 sets
20/25 lbs x 12/20 reps x 3 sets

HGPU 20
Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...