Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Making Adjustments

Those new winter boots I ordered arrived today. Sadly, they're being returned today as well. While the footbed was a tad snug, the boot was still viable--until I tried to pull the zipper up. I did manage to zip the boots closed but the calves were extremely tight even when I pulled my pants legs up and had just bare skin against the liner.

My calves are big but not enormous. I don't even exercise them. Imagine if I did! I don't have this problem with any of my other boots. I suspect manufacturers are cutting corners by skimping on materials, just like Ariat's not-so-wide wide-width FatBaby boots. The search continues...

I got a good sweaty warm-up on the elliptical. Not sure why the Gym Owner is suddenly trying to be helpful to his staff. I walked into the Aerobic Room to find him laying out equipment everywhere. At first, I think he's taking inventory so I ask him if there's a race going on. He says he's prepping the room for the Boot Camp class that starts in an hour. An hour? I'll be long gone by then. It only takes me about 10-15 minutes to knock out my Core exercises.

At the Stretch Cage, my hammer grip pullups felt pretty good for both sets, mostly because (I'm guessing) I skipped the second round of heavy DB Lateral Raises superset with Reverse Inclined Flys. The right front delt was twingey and I'm very careful to listen to warning signs such as that. I also cut back on reps during Rip Skulls because the left elbow seemed wonky, but during the last set, the twinge went away. Then I realized what I really needed was several good warmup sets. Too late. Still, I'm warm enough to finish with a full Mat Stretch.

I'll be happy to just do cardio tomorrow. Maybe I'll even get to ride the Expresso Bike... or I could just get really lazy and pedal the recumbent bike like a senior. 

Wednesday Back & Shoulders

30 + 5 cd elliptical
Program 3
Miles 2.94
Calories 331
HR 162-204 (86, 87)

Cage Stretch
HGPU 23

Elbow Plank 60s
Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
PushUps 31

Seated Cable Rows
70 x 12
77.5 x 12
85 x 12
92.5 x 12

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flys
20 lbs x 12/20 reps x 3 sets

Rip Skulls
40 lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets

HGPU 23
Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...