Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Just Cardio and Then Some

So I'm thinking that if I push some weights on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and only do Cardio Only workouts the other two days of the workweek, I'll have all my exercise bases covered. I could be wrong but I haven't tried this specific routine yet. I know I need to keep my weights light, but not so light that I'm bored. I also know that stretching every day isn't good for me either, contrary to popular belief. My legs get more sore from that than just doing cardio every day. Weird, right?

Today I saw that the lone working StepMill was available just as I finished on the elliptical. And like any Year of the Rat opportunist, I hopped right on because this is a popular machine, especially now that one is broken. My routine is flexible!

I got my pups licensed with the town in order to sign up for membership at the local Bark Park. One dog has perpetual zoomies so this large, rugged enclosed area, with obstacle courses, trees and lots of space seems ideal. What's not ideal is the  6-foot high chainlink fence. I'm not sure my dogs can leap but the trainer did put that fear in my head. Of course, this might be a bit premature since I haven't attempted to walk them together by myself since that fateful night when one got spooked, slipped his harness and ran away for 5 days. Luckily, he came back. And now they both wear martingale collars and harnesses.

Because I eventually plan to take them to the Bark Park when it's quiet and there's no one there, I'm going to lose early morning gym time. I'm dreading getting to the gym with the lunch crowd, especially if that means I have to listen to The Mayor in spite of my tunes. I guess it's a good thing that I've been cutting back on my workouts. It won't be so traumatic for me.


Cardio Tuesday

30 min elliptical + 5cd
Program 2
Miles 2.88
Calories 321
HR 192-138 (85)

20 Step Mill
Level 4
Calories 126
Total steps 818
Floors 51
HR 131

Cage Stretch

Elbow Plank 60s
Sideway Scissors 60
Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...