Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Mostly Cardio

I confess there was a moment when I was tempted to drive back home immediately after the school bus came, but I know from experience that I'm actually too awake to venture a decent nap. I went to the gym instead, had my pick of ellipticals, then got on the Step Mill for 20 minutes. Six minutes into the climb, I'm exhausted. Four minutes later, I'm recovered. Weird, right? No pullups or pushups today. Just a cage stretch and then abs in the Aerobic Room.

After a few minutes, I notice someone else at the other end. Usually, it's a woman or two doing calisthenics or something. Today, it's MW (Milk White) a young (college? HS? I can't tell ages!) well-built dude who's been regular for the past several months. He keeps to himself and works out diligently. I'm a little surprised to see him in the Aerobic Room but when there's no class, this room is quiet, spacious and a few degrees cooler than the main section of the gym. In an hour, there will be Zumba followed by Yoga.

My right foot is still sore. It's actually sprained between the bottom of my heel and through the foot to the last three toes. Less painful and debilitating than having an ankle sprain, but annoying nonetheless. I really miss the old "wellies" I used to buy from LLBean. Not rubber, but leather with a low heel, wide round toe, and a molded, single-piece, skid-resistant sole. I wore through several pairs back in the day because I literally lived in them year-round. Except they could never be re-soled. Then LLB stopped carrying them and I've been looking for suitable replacements ever since.

I thought I had them with the Ariat FatBaby boots, but those are now cut narrower, and I've recently discovered that the 1" heel is probably exacerbating my hammertoe tendencies. Ugh. The search for decent footwear continues. And I don't just mean a decent pair of gym shoes. I've got those. I mean boots I can toss on to walk the pups in whatever the weather is whatever time of day.

Rainy Cardio Tuesday

30 min elliptical + 5cd
Program 2
Miles 2.94
Calories 331
HR 157-203 (86, 97, 89)

20 Step Mill
Level 4
Calories 130
Total steps 852
Floors 53
HR 121

Cage Stretch

Elbow Plank 60s
Crunches 60
Sideway Scissors 60
Crunches 60
Bicycles 60
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

Reclining Hero Pose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...