Friday, February 28, 2020

Slipping Into Old Habits

It's ironic that I have better workouts under suboptimal conditions, i.e., I didn't get enough sleep and it's bitterly cold outside. I give myself every excuse for doing poorly on the elliptical and still rack up decent (for me) mileage. The HR monitor goes a bit crazy, but I'm not all that concerned anymore. I did skip yesterday to get stuff done at home. Taking a day off here and there is good for recovery.

Pullups feel stronger and easier the second time around in spite of my hesitation. I had planned to do them at the end, after Walking Lunges and Seated Leg Curls. The Wraith King (whom I'm sure is a very nice man in real life) is doing a set and I hate to sit around, cooling off. So I get to the Stretch Cage a bit sooner and still mildly out of breath from the Lunges. My success in one more rep tempts me to consider adding a third set to Friday's workout. It's just like me adding 10 more reps to the two sets of 20 during pushups. Sneaky.

The outside heel of my right foot is still sore. I keep delaying any attempt at a Pistol Squat until I feel my feet are up to the challenge. It wasn't that long ago that I used to do 8-12 for each leg. Okay, it's been a few years, but not 20 or 30, when I would've been considered in my prime. But being dragged by puppies twice a day is a workout unto its own. I consider that a whole-body exercise.

Another Frigid Cardio Friday + Legs

30 min elliptical + 5cd
Program Intervals
Miles 2.94
Calories 330
HR 137-205 (90)

Cage Stretch
HGPU 23

Elbow Plank 60s
Crunches 60
Sideway Scissors 60
Crunches 60
Bicycles 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
PushUps 50

20 Step Mill
Level 4
Calories 132
Total steps 869
Floors 54
HR 122

Walking Lunges
31+30=61

HGPU 24

1-Leg Seated Leg Curls
15lbs x 12
30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12

Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...