Friday, January 31, 2020

Not quite enough time

The dog trainer came to the house at 9:30 to pick up the runaway to give him a playdate with calmer dogs. It's a bit reminiscent of (well, I was going to use Cesar Milan but I'm reading controversial things about the former Dog Whisperer) the calm pack approach to fearful dogs.

This meant I didn't get to the gym until late morning. There's a different crowd by that point. Unfortunately, that includes The Mayor who only got louder as he inched closer. I cut my workout short. Not just because I don't like being around someone so boisterous that I can't help but hear them through my headphones, but because I had things to do before the runaway dog returned.

The other dog stayed home, keeping guard in the living room window. He's normally the more outgoing of the two, but lately he's been acting spooked. Hopefully, we'll figure this out. He has his playdate training session next week. Meanwhile, I got them licensed by the county so I could apply for Bark Park passes. The pups need a safe enclosed area to run around like looneys and it's not my unfenced yard.

Intervals on the elliptical went well considering my quads are the teensiest bit sore. Most of my effort went into shoulder stretches and warmups, although I did a set of pushups as well. I stopped myself at 25, not because I got tired, but because I figured that was probably enough. Not the best form with feet shoulders width apart and my elbows splayed out, but my face is grazing the floormat and at least my elbows don't click or hurt in this position.

After the Zumba class, there's a yoga stretch class in the Aerobic room so I do my core exercises in the tiny mat space by the storage room. I'm never tempted to join this class or any class. Because I'd rather do my own thing at my own pace. With my music on and no one talking. I skip Rip Skulls and V-bar Tricep Press Downs. I skip the 2nd cardio session. And I skip Mat Stretches. Because I still have things to do... but at least I got my shoulders worked out.

Another Friday Shoulders Plus

30 + 5 cd elliptical
Program Intervals
Miles 2.93
Calories 329
HR 143-198 (105, 86, 95)

Cage Stretch
Mid-Band Pulls 15
High-Band Pulls 15

Elbow Plank 60s
Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Slow Push Ups 25

T, Y & I Raises Inclined Bench
5 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flys
20 lbs x 12/20 reps x 3 sets
20/25 lbs x 12/20 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...