Monday, July 31, 2017

Boomerang

I thought I was doing fairly well, sticking to my calorie count. Until yesterday. When I became so hungry after dinner that I actually had to weigh out an ounce of cheese, something with density and fat, to soothe my tummy. This morning I started to get hungry right after coffee, and a dose of SuperBeets. It's not what I anticipated. I wound up inhaling a serving of Chobani key lime yogurt and that kept me feeling good. Never mind that I had errands to run before hitting the gym. By the time I got there, it was close to noon. Not quite, but close enough. The gym is empty, except for the cardio machines I want to use. Of course...

No way to get on the cross-trainer so I do 30 minutes on the elliptical. If you're not feeling it, then just get the cardio out of the way! And I'm definitely not feeling it today. I do pull ups, push ups, crunches and planks. And I see that the Smith is free. But there's no flat bench. My shoulders are actually a little achy from Friday's kickboxing. Ugh. I decide I'm going to power through sets of Smith Inclined Presses. It's been a while since I've done them, so now's good to get back to it. I'm also thinking about adding a few sets of Inclined Flyes but with super light DBs because I still have that labral tear, and Flyes are hard on my joints.

Little R is benching today. I see him a lot but never say anything to him. I remember he used to chat with Mo and Big R. He's an okay guy, but talking to guys at the gym is just too fraught with weirdness for me. Big Glasses Dude helps spot Little R on the bench and decline bench. I'm glad he's over that "staring like a puppy dog" phase. A woman I know briefly tells me that she and a friend have been going to the weekly concerts at the library, and love my photo show. She says that they both admired the images and didn't realize that that was my show. That's kind of cool, I guess.

new food scale
I feel kind of dumpy today. Almost matronly. The only thing that makes me happy is seeing myself in the mirror when I do DB Lateral Raises, because the lighting shows me delt striations, biceps and triceps, and pecs all at once. Cool. Wish I could catch a photo of that!

I find that doing Rip Skulls has my blue tooth skull candy horse collar rolling up my neck, but only during the first and last set. Not sure what I did differently during the 2nd set where everything lay perfectly in place. The cross-trainer I want to use is occupied, and I'm not in the mood to do more elliptical. Instead, I try 15 minutes of Concept 2 Erg rowing. I've got a sore spot on my tail bone from two Sundays ago when my son and I came to the gym. Not sure if it's from the rower or the bike, or perhaps the fact I was wearing shorts. I'm ridiculously sensitive to seam chafing ever since I was a wee child. Which frustrated my mother to no end because I wouldn't wear anything scratchy or itchy, no matter how cute the dress. I actually hated dresses. Unless they were super soft, and had pockets. I guess some things never change.

It dawns in me that my husbands homemade beef jerky has a lot of salt in it. I was happily munching on several large strips of it yesterday, and now I'm puffy and bloated. Ugh. The gym scale reads 111.0 lbs, which only corroborates my suspicions about yesterday's snacking episode. Double ugh. Well, at least the food scale is easy to use... when I get home, I find half a broken robin's egg shell in the driveway. So weird...  
I've always had very wrinkly hands

Monday

30 min elliptical + 5cd
Program 1
Calories 327
Miles 2.92
Average Heart Rate 142

HGPU 26
Knee-Ins 50
Push Ups 50
Crunches 3 x 50
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 15 reps50 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 13
90 x 10, 8, 10
60 x 25
50 x 25

Inclined Flyes
10lbs x 12 reps (Rt inside pec/bicep is a bit tight)
15lbs x 12 (feels ok now)
20lbs x 12

DB Laterals s/s Rev Inclined Flyes
20/25lbs x 12/15reps x 3 sets

Rip Skulls
40lbs x 12 x 3 sets

15 min Erg Rower
124 cal
2484 meters

HGPU 31



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...